Sunday, March 20, 2011

What's next? We all die?

I feel guilty for all the small stuff I worry about, for liking my new job, for sitting in my house with all my nice things while people in Japan have lost their homes and families, everything. I can't think about Egypt and Libya and Japan all at the same time, and what about the people in Haiti who are still living in tents? I don't believe in luck, but Providence, so I can't say I feel "lucky" to live in LA, where the worst natural disaster I've encountered was the Northridge earthquake in 1994 that made a picture frame on my wall go crooked, but I do feel bad, helpless, overwhelmed, and like more is coming.

2 comments:

CG said...

I hear ya.

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

I know exactly what you mean! What's your new job? Hope you're good! -jenn