Saturday, October 22, 2011

readings and books

Last weekend, I went to see Mary Oliver read at UCSB. It was lovely. She is so different from how I imagined her - faster speaking, less hippie-ish, and funny. It was really cool to see Campbell Hall completely filled up for a poetry event. After the reading, I waited in line to have Mary Oliver sign my copy of her new book Swans (she didn't look up from her signing when I passed by), and I had a flashback to when I walked across that stage at graduation. Aaw.

Now about my book. The new one, which isn't even a book yet. I bought this neat little kit from Paper Source that is supposed to be for photo albums, but it can very easily be any other kind of book. Well, I think the one I bought is a bit too big for a 15 page book, and the paper is black, which means I can't print onto it. I tried gluing white pages onto the black ones, but it made waves in the page. (Sabrina suggested using spray adhesive.) Now I'm stuck with these beetle-papered boards, and I don't know what to do with them. Keep making a book I don't like or turn it into an actual photo album?

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

A photo album!
A picture is worth a 1000 words,
you know...?