Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dear Borders and Barnes & Noble,

Stop sending me really good coupons in the email! I can't be buying books every week, ya know. I'm already in the middle of three (New and Selected Poems by Mary Oliver, An Episode in the Life of a Landscape Painter by Cesar Aira, and The Voice at 3:00 A.M. by Charles Simic), plus my Brazilian Portuguese study guide. I don't need another book to not finish. Also, I was inspired by Angela, or rather, I'm stealing her idea, to do "No Buying September" in which I don't buy things. This doesn't include food. And I'll also say that it doesn't include going to shows. BUT it does include clothes and shoes. I'm supposed to be on a clothes diet right now, but anyone who knows me knows that I can't just not buy clothes. I really mean it this time, though. No clothes in September! I will just have to remember the flowers...

No comments: