Tuesday, February 1, 2011

some worry

My brother Mario and his wife Xochitl and my baby nephew Vincent (Boots) live in Egypt and I've been so worried about them. They live three hours north of Cairo, but still there is a military tank in the middle of their town and looters had already taken most everything at the store when my brother went to buy diapers for Boots. Since Mario works for a shipping company in the Suez Canal, they were able to board one of the company's ships headed for Istanbul, but the last thing we heard from them was that they were waiting for the port police to show up for work and guide them out of the port. That was a day and a half ago, and still no word. I'm hoping it is just because something happened to my brother's phone, and praying for their safety and trusting that God will take care of them. Boots, I hope you're being a good baby on the ship.

2 comments:

Kate Wyer said...

wow, so scary. my prayers are with you and your family.

Silvia said...

Thank you, Kate. They arrived in Turkey safely, and now they're off to Portugal for a vacation! What a life.