Tuesday, February 15, 2011

what is happening?

This morning I had a dream that I was on an airplane telling an Iranian couple next to me about another dream I had about being on an airplane. We were getting ready to fly to Egypt, and I told the wife that in a dream, I flew to Egypt to finally visit my brother, but the plane shot up from the ground like a rocket taking off instead of a plane, and when we were in the air the plane started spinning and we were upside down and right side up over and over. And when we got to Egypt, before we got off the plane, I said No way, I'm not getting off, I'm going back home. In the second dream, the one this morning, the wife said to me No, that's not going to happen this time.
Later in the day, one of my recurring nightmares actually came into fruition. (Not the purple Estee Lauder stuff Mom used to put on her face, either.) Nostalgia is fun, but I am not going back to Baltimore to finish something I already finished!

2 comments:

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

Baltimore?

Silvia said...

I found out I didn't really have my MFA! I nearly had a heart attack. Kendra joked that it would be nice to have me back if I wasn't finished yet, but I didn't think it was funny! Everything's been fixed now.