Sunday, June 13, 2010

still fog

Foggy mornings turn into foggy afternoon bike rides at the beach. It didn't keep the crowds away, though. Now I remember why I don't like to ride my bike there on the weekends. Too much people dodging. Hello, there is a lane for people who want to walk. So don't walk in the bike lane. Please!

The job hunt grows dire. I actually considered applying for a job in Baltimore. I was invited to come for an interview in DC last week, but turned it down after deciding I really don't want to live in that part of the country again. (Or do I? I don't know. But I know that Meg would never come visit me if I moved back.) But now I'm getting desperate! Will you see me mopping the floors at In N Out soon? Maybe. I wonder how many young writers are currently working on memoirs about how much debt they're in from getting MFAs and can't even find a job as an animal cage washer? That's not true. I still have not applied for the animal cage washer job at Hopkins, or the pot washer job at UCSB. What are my chances of getting one of these jobs?

2 comments:

mari said...

it would be heartbreaking if you moved right when I'm coming back : (
Your lucky will turn soon.

Jenn/PaperPinwheel said...

oh silvia, i know the feeling!