Wednesday, December 8, 2010

peppermint mocha coffee and sunshine

Of course I get sick the week that I have a ton of papers to grade! That's what I get for giving my sick nephew so many smoochies.

Oh, we did not see Jens Lekman last weekend on account of terrible freeway traffic and an unexpected wait to be seated at Palermo. I was a little bummed. We went to the Big Foot Lodge instead, which is kind of like going to Frontierland at Disneyland, but with drinks and usually cool tunes.

That was the night before my birthday. My actual birthday was disappointing, to say the least. I've always loved having my birthday close to Christmas because it's my favorite time of year, until now. It seems like there are holiday parties or other things happening on my birthday, or everyone just had other things to worry about. Maybe I'm just too old for people to make a fuss over me. It was a very Sixteen Candles birthday.

No comments: